Book Systems’ Hosting Data Centers
Our secure colocation data centers for our ASP hosted services are equipped with top-of-the-line security and disaster prevention systems. We provide unparalleled protection and storage with redundant power sources, generators, and prioritized security.
We use colocation services provided by top-tier data centers that include:
- Tier III 4.5MW
- 24x7x365 controlled access with server hardware residing in secured private cages
- Redundancy for power, HVAC/CRAC, and Internet
- Dual generators with onsite fuel and cleaning system provide power for 4.5 days
- SSAE 18, SOC-2 & 3, SAS Type II audited, GLBA, HIPAA & HITECH, PCI, and ISO27001 compliant
- Full back-up services performed on a daily basis (synced between 3 different physical locations)
- Archived backups for the past 7 days with monthly snapshots and a yearly snapshot
Our hosting facilities are guarded 24/7 using onsite NOC & SOC monitoring, layered physical security, including access tracking and reporting via FOB and biometric turnstyle systems. Only authorized Book Systems staff with security clearance have access to our hardware and data storage systems.
Patron data is stored inside the customer's database, accessible only by authorized Book Systems employees when at rest. While in transmission, all connections are secured by SSL as well as worker permissions inside the software to restrict access to Personal Identification Information (PII) for desired users.
Authorized library staff members log into Atriuum using a username and password. There are over 80 different permissions available for workers grouped by Cataloging, Circulation, Patron, Supervisor, and Admin related groups, making assigning permissions per worker fast and easy.
Patrons can be granted access to their account by logging into the OPAC and using LDAP, Google SSO, or by entering their library barcode/username and PIN. Once authenticated, patrons will have the flexibility to manage their account information, pay their fees/fines, place reserves, create “Watch Lists,” create and save their personal “Bookbags,” and more.
Systems can be configured to authenticate using Active Directory, Open Directory, and eDirectory using LDAP for worker and/or patron authentication and Google SSO.
All passwords stored inside the system are encrypted.
Disaster Prevention & Readiness
Using modular and full redundancies, our data centers provide our customers peace of mind.
- Buildings are designed to withstand an EF-3 rated tornado
- Data halls contained within POD's designed to withstand an EF-5 rated tornado
- Dual generators with onsite fuel and cleaning systems to allow power for 4.5 days
- Novec 1230 fire suppression with FAST monitoring system
- Business continuity plan including 3rd party contracts.