Reliable, Advanced Technology for Any Library
Atriuum is a highly configurable, 100% Web-based application that can be adapted to meet the needs of libraries of any size, from small to very large.
Because it’s completely Web-based, Atriuum never requires a java-client application or other client software to be installed on your local computers. Whether you’re searching the catalog or performing administrative tasks, access to Atriuum is fast and easy from any internet enabled computer.
In addition to being accessible from any computer, your patrons may also access your on-line catalog using the Atriuum On-the-Go mobile app. Patrons will have instant access to the library collection from their favorite mobile device, further extending their ability to view resources offered by the library. Learn More>>
Sixty-five percent of new and upgrading clients select our low-cost, stress-free hosting solutions.
Why? Because we reduce your equipment costs and free up your IT personnel by managing all your technical needs such as hosting, networking, trouble-shooting, backups, and upgrades, but the most important benefit is making your library’s technology STRESS-FREE!
By using our hosted services, you’ll have “Worry-Free Access” to your Atriuum library system 24/7. Learn more »
Atriuum is built on top of the open source PostgreSQL database. PostgreSQL is one of the most versatile, relational databases on the market today. This powerful backend database provides robust performance with minimal to no maintenance required.
Other Atriuum Advantages
- Eliminates the need for a dedicated server located at each library.
- Includes unlimited storage / user access.
- Uses existing client Web-browser technology, thus greatly reducing administrative overhead.
- Supports Windows 2008 and Linux servers and includes a built-in web server and a powerful SQL database engine.
- Doesn’t require an underlying commercial database
- Installation and upgrades are a “snap”. Upgrade and support your libraries from a central location.
- Supports the complete range of staff and client functionality required by today’s library standards (i.e. Circulation, Cataloging, Inventory, Searching, etc.).
- Can be seamlessly integrated with our acclaimed eZcat, a Z39.50 compliant utility for downloading and managing USMARC/21 records.
- Cross-platform support for Windows®, Macintosh®, and Linux® clients.
- Customized reports can be generated and formatted to fit the needs of the specific library.
- Central or building level cataloging can be accommodated within a district level implementation.
- Individual libraries can have full control over the configuration of patron/student classes, circulation periods, policies, fines, etc.
- Circulation and searching can be restricted by location and/or by worker logins.
- Enables automated routine tasks such as backups and patron/student data updates.